Learn Dart, Flutter & Firebase by Google, and build a real-world, production ready app
What you’ll learn
- Build a complete, real-world app with Flutter & Firebase
- Write iOS & Android apps with a single codebase
- Write production-ready code following best practices and become a competent Flutter developer
- Fast-track your Flutter learning with practical tips and proven techniques
- Experience with another programming language is beneficial, but not strictly required
- NO prior Dart, Flutter and Firebase experience required
- NO prior mobile app development experience required
Want to learn how to build native mobile apps with Flutter?
Then you are in the right place.
Flutter is a mobile framework by Google for building beautiful and fast native apps. Flutter is very productive and offers a rich set of widgets that makes building apps a breeze. Once you experience hot-reload and everything else Flutter has to offer, you will never want to go back.
In this course you will build a complete, real-world application for iOS and Android, by using Dart, Flutter and Firebase.
This course starts from the basics, and includes a full introduction to Dart and Flutter. This means that NO prior experience with Dart and mobile app development is needed.
As you make progress, the course will introduce more advanced topics, with special emphasis on writing production-ready code, so that you can learn how to build robust applications that scale.
And by learning Firebase as well, you will understand how to make modern reactive apps, and see why Flutter and Firebase are a great combination.
Important concepts are explained with clear diagrams. You will always learn what you will be building and why, and then how to do it.
This will give you a strong foundation, and the techniques you learn here will be valuable in your own Flutter apps.
So by the end of this course you will be a competent Flutter developer.
This is a complete course. With 22 hours of content, it will teach you everything you need to know about Flutter.
– Each lesson builds on top of the previous one (source code included).
– Each section covers a different topic.
You can follow the course from beginning to end, or choose the topics you’re most interested in.
Fast-track your learning
This course offers a lot of practical advice, along with tips and techniques that I have battle-tested over years of experience.
It goes far beyond “making things work”, and gives you a very solid understanding of many different techniques and their trade-offs.
And it will show you how to think about problems and their solutions, with the mindset of a top professional software engineer.
So taking this course will save you a lot of time and money, and will prepare you for building real-world apps.
And if you get stuck, you can ask questions and they will be quickly answered.
Included in this course
- Introduction to Dart
- Setup instructions for macOS and Windows
- Introduction to Flutter and widgets
- Building layouts with Material & Cupertino widgets + build your own custom widgets
- Firebase Authentication (anonymous, email & password, Google, Facebook)
- State Management: how to use setState, lifting state up via callbacks, global access, scoped access with Provider, BLoCs, ValueNotifier & ChangeNotifier
- Streams, building reactive apps & advanced stream operations with RxDart
- Forms, input handling and validation
- Managing and updating packages
- Databases and Cloud Firestore
- Working with Forms and Cloud Firestore
- Working with ListViews and multiple UI states
- Date & time pickers
- Unit & Widget tests with mockito (basics to advanced)
- Windows, macOS or Linux for Android app development
- macOS for iOS app development
- Beginner or intermediate Dart and Flutter developers
- Experienced iOS and Android developers
- Developers who want to write apps on iOS and Android with a single codebase
- Developers that want to write modern, reactive apps with Firebase
Created by Andrea Bizzotto
Last updated 2/2020
Size: 12.75 GB