Go Programming by Example (Golang)
What you’ll learn
- This practical course will enable you to build reliable, and efficient software, delivering basic to advanced concepts using Go
You will learn control structures, arrays, slices, maps, and functions
You will learn pointers, structs, and interfaces
- You will learn concurrency & parallelism, goroutines, channels, and reflections
- You will learn packages, documentation, unit testing, error handling, json, reflections
- You will learn to install the Go compiler, Visual Studio Code, MySQL, and PostgreSQL
- You will see a tour of SQL and also learn to connect Go to MySQL and PostgreSQL
- You will work on a final assignment
- A Windows or Mac Computer
- Some experience with a programming language
Go that is called a ‘C for the 21st century’ was designed in 2007 to address some of the industry problems.
Today, many well-known companies like Google, Adobe, Facebook, IBM, and many more use Go.
They use Go, because of its simple approach to implement complex concepts.
This practical course will enable you to build simple, reliable, and efficient software, delivering basic to advanced concepts using Go.
The course is over 23 hours, including 160+ lectures, over 163 code examples, chapter assignments and a final assignment.
Emphasis has been placed on reviewing code examples, diagrams and white boarding.
The course gradually moves from basic to advanced topics and eventually ends with a final assignment.
In 16 sections, it covers topics such as language fundamentals, control structures, arrays, slices, maps, functions, callbacks, closures, pointers, structs, interfaces, concurrency & parallelism, goroutines, channels, packages, documentation, error handling, unit testing, json, files, reflections, MySQL, and may more.
- Programmers willing to learn core Golang programming (covering basic to advanced topics)
Created by Kam Hojati
Last updated 12/2018
Size: 10.99 GB