Become an expert on Spring Boot developing a REST API and a Spring MVC Web application in 100 steps
What Will I Learn?
- You will learn the magic of Spring Boot – Auto Configuration, Spring Initializr and Starter Projects
You will learn to develop RESTful web services with Spring Boot
You will learn to develop a Web Application connecting to JPA/Hibernate Step by Step with Spring MVC and Spring Boot
- You will learn to use a wide variety of Spring Boot Starter Projects – Spring Boot Web, Spring Boot Test, Spring Boot Data JPA, Spring Boot Data REST
- You will understand Spring MVC in depth – DispatcherServlet , Model, Controllers and ViewResolver
- You will understand how to make best use of Spring Boot Actuator and Spring Boot Developer Tools
- You will learn how to externalise application configuration using Spring Boot Profiles and Dynamic Configuration
- You will understand and use the embedded servlet container options provided by Spring Boot – Tomcat, Jetty and Undertow
- You will learn to write great Unit and Integration tests using Spring Boot Starter Test
- You will understand the basics of developing a Web Application – POST, GET, HTTP, MVC Pattern
- You will understand the basics of styling your web page using Bootstrap framework
- You should have working experience with Java and Annotations
- We will help you install Eclipse and get up and running with Maven and Tomcat
GREAT course for beginners! I learnt tooooooooo much!
This course was perfect not only for beginners but for experienced engineers such as myself trying to get up to speed on spring boot quickly. Thank you so much for the great material! Looking forward to taking another course from udemy and in28minutes!
One of the best Spring Boot course!
This is the one of the best spring boot courses I have enrolled. Ranga Karan explains each and every bit and shows practically. I would recommend to anyone who wants to lean spring boot.
Very good and broad introduction to different parts of Spring Boot. I learned a lot. Thanks!
Note : This course is now updated with new sections. Updated with Spring Boot 2 and Spring 5.
Spring Boot has a lot of magic going for it. Developing REST Services with Spring Boot is cool and fun. Spring Boot makes it easy to create stand-alone, production-grade Spring based Applications that you can “just run”. Most Spring Boot applications need very little Spring configuration.
In this course, you will learn the features of Spring Boot and Spring Boot Starter Projects with hands-on step by step approach developing:
- Basic Todo Management Java Application using Spring Boot with Login and Logout functionalities
- Basic REST Service to manage Survey Questionnaire
You will get introduced to REST Services, Spring Security (Authentication and Authorization), Maven (dependencies management), Eclipse (IDE) and Tomcat Embedded Web Server. We will help you set up each one of these.
You will learn about Spring Boot step by step – in more than 100 steps. This course would be a perfect first step as an introduction to Spring Boot.
You will learn about
- Basics of Spring Boot
- Basics of Auto Configuration and Spring Boot Magic
- Spring Boot Starter Projects
- Spring Initializr
- Basic REST Services using Spring Boot Starter Web
- REST Service Content Negotiation with JSON and XML
- Embedded servlet containers : Tomcat, Jetty and Undertow
- Writing Unit and Integration tests using Spring Boot Starter Test
- Profiles and Dynamic Configuration with Spring Boot
- Spring Boot Data JPA
- Spring Boot Actuator
- Spring Security
- Spring Boot Developer Tools and LiveReload
Here is a quick overview of different sections of the course:
- Introduction to the Power of Spring Boot in 10 Steps
- Develop a Todo Management Web Application with Spring Boot in 25 Steps
- Introduction to Unit Testing with JUnit in 5 Steps
- Introduction to Mocking with Mockito in 5 Steps
- Advanced Features of Spring Boot in 28 Steps – We learn these developing a simple API for managing survey questionnaire.
- Introduction to JPA in 10 Steps
- Connecting our Todo Management Web Application to JPA in 8 Steps
Web Application with Spring Boot in 33 Steps
- Step 01: Part 1 Basic Spring Boot Web Application Setup
- Step 01: Part 2 Pom.xml, Spring Boot Application and application properties
- Step 02: Part 1 First Spring MVC Controller, @ResponseBody, @Controller
- Step 02: Part 2 Understanding HTTP Request Flow
- Step 03: Demystifying some of the Spring Boot magic
- Step 04: Redirect to Login JSP – @ResponseBody and View Resolver
- Step 05: Show userid and password on welcome page – ModelMap and @RequestParam
- Step 06: DispatcherServlet and Spring MVC Flow
- Step 07: Your First HTML form
- Step 08: Add hard-coded validation of userid and password
- Step 09: Magic of Spring
- Step 10: Create TodoController and list-todos view. Make TodoService a @Service
- Step 11: Architecture of Web Applications
- Step 12: Session vs Model vs Request – @SessionAttributes
- Step 13: Add new todo
- Step 14: Display Todos in a table using JSTL Tags
- Step 15: Bootstrap for Page Formatting using webjars
- Step 16: Let’s delete a Todo
- Step 17: Format Add Todo Page and Adding Basic HTML5 form validation
- Step 18: Part 1 Validations with Hibernate Validator – Using Command Bean
- Step 18: Part 2 Using JSR 349 Validations
- Step 19: Updating a todo
- Step 20: Let’s add a Target Date for Todo – Use initBinder to Handle Date Fields
- Step 21: JSP Fragments and Navigation Bar
- Step 22: Preparing for Spring Security
- Step 23: Initial Spring Security Setup
- Step 24: Refactor and add Logout Functionality using Spring Security
- Step 25: Exception Handling
- Step 26: Adding Dependencies for JPA and H2
- Step 27: Configuring H2 Console
- Step 28: Create Todo Entity and JPA Repository
- Step 29: Insert Todo using JPA Repository
- Step 30: Update, Delete and Retrieve Todos using JPA Repository
- Step 31: Data initialization with data.sql
- Step 32: Connecting JPA to other databases
- Step 33: Upgrading to Spring Boot 2 and Spring 5
Spring Boot Deep Dive With a Small API
- Step 01: Setup and Launch Spring Boot Application with Maven and Eclipse
- Step 02: Creating your first RestController
- Step 03: Understanding Spring Boot Magic : Spring Boot Starter Web
- Step 04: Understanding Spring Boot Magic : Spring Boot Starter Parent
- Step 05: Spring Boot vs Spring
- Step 06: Create all Services for Survey and Questions
- Step 07: What is REST? Creating REST Service with @GetMapping and @PathVariable
- Step 08: Second REST Service to retrieve a specific question
- Step 09: Spring Boot Developer Tools and LiveReload : Develop faster!
- Step 10: Create a REST Service to add a new question to survey : @PostMapping, Postman
- Step 11: Understand Content Negotiation. Deliver XML Responses from the REST Services
- Step 12: Spring Initializr : Create Spring Boot Projects on the fly!
- Step 13: Spring Boot Actuator : Monitor your Spring Boot applications!
- Step 14: Understanding Embedded servlet containers : Switch to Jetty or Undertow
- Step 15: Adding Dynamic Configuration to your application : YAML & More..
- Step 16: Basics of Profiles
- Step 17: Advanced Application Configuration with Type Safe Configuration Properties
- Step 18: Spring Boot Starter : Spring Data JPA with CommandLineRunner
- Step 19: In Memory Database H2 Console and add a new JPA Repository Method
- Step 20: Spring Boot Starter : Introduction to Spring Data Rest
- Step 21: Spring Boot Integration Test
- Step 22: Adding Integration Test for POST Request
- Step 23: Small Refactoring to organise ourselves
- Step 24: Writing Unit Tests with Spring Boot and Mockito
- Step 25: Writing Unit test for createTodo
- Step 26: Securing our services with Basic Authentication using Spring Security
- Step 27: Configure Spring Security user roles for survey and other services
- Step 28: A Deep Dive into Spring Boot Auto Configuration
- You would like to understand the magic of Spring Boot
- You are looking forward to develop you first RESTful API with Spring Boot
- You are looking forward to develop you first Web Application with Spring MVC and Spring Boot
- You are a experienced developer new to Spring Boot and want to discover what the hype is about
Created by in28Minutes Official
Last updated 4/2018
Size: 1.91 GB