Develop Serious Web Sites with WordPress
What Will I Learn?
- You will learn how to set up a WordPress website on a local development server
You will learn about the parts of a WordPress installation and what files you can modify
You will learn how to develop a simple custom theme and activate it
- You will learn the proper way to include the CSS and script files in the theme
- You will learn how to activate theme features such as custom menus, custom Logo and featured images
- You will learn how to customize any page by creating custom page templates
- You will learn how to target CSS styles in your wordpress theme
- You will learn how to install a child theme based on an existing theme to build on and enhance the parent theme’s structure
- .You will learn how to use sidebars or widgets anywhere on your website
- You will learn how to move a development website on a local server to a live server
- No web development or design knowledge is required
- Windows, Mac, or Linux Machine
Perhaps you want to start creating professional web sites. Maybe you want to start a small freelance business or take control of your own business web site. Maybe your a designer dipping a toe in to the digital world. Or, perhaps, you just want to learn to develop complete sites in WordPress the right way.
Whatever your reason if you want to learn the in’s and out’s of WordPress, this course is for you.
This isn’t a course that teaches you how to type content in to existing WordPress themes! This program is designed to give you full command of the WordPress environment so you can make dynamic web sites that look anyway you want and are easy to update and maintain. You’re diving DEEP into WordPress discussing theme development, mobile ready sites, templates and much, much more.
You’ll work with WordPress expert Mark Hannon as you develop your WordPress skill set. This course launches quickly as you jump right into developing your own, unique, WordPress theme. (No more boring, poorly executed templates!)
This isn’t a course where you’ll simply watch Mark go through the procedures. You’ll be invited to work along with Mark step-by-step to make sure you remember and can apply every concept demonstrated. Speaking of hands on learning, the course is loaded with lab exercises and examples to help you immediately apply the skills that you’re learning.
- People who want to start Developing Web Sites
- Designers who want a quick solution to creating dynamic web sites
- Programmers who want to get started with the WordPress platform
- Contractors and Freelancers who want to add WordPress to their skillset
Created by Framework Television Inc., Mark Hannon
Last updated 7/2018
Size: 10.93 GB